We are committed to protecting and maintaining privacy, accuracy and security of personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles and Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). We ask that you read it carefully as it contains important information on who We are, how and why We collect, use, share, transfer and store Your personal information, including in relation to Your access and use of Our website and Services, and how to contact Us if You have a complaint.
“NETFIT App” means the NETFIT NETBALL software application for mobile and handheld devices which provides access to some or all of Our Services;
“Our Partners” means persons We have a commercial relationship with and includes Netball Australia, each of Netball Australia’s related bodies corporate, each State and Territory member organisation of Netball Australia, being the governing bodies of netball or other sports in each Australian State and Territory, and any netball or other sporting club or association of which You are a member or which You are or have been affiliated with;
“Physical Classes/Workshops” means physical netball, other sporting or fitness training classes or coaching workshops or Academy programs delivered in person by trainers or coaches at venues selected by NETFIT including at schools, netball or other sporting clubs or associations or businesses;
“Physical Clinics” means netball or other sport-related fitness, skills and wellbeing clinics created and designed by NETFIT delivered in person by trainers or coaches and at venues selected by NETFIT;
“Services” means any of Our products and services (including, but not limited to, the provision of Physical Classes/Workshops, Virtual Clinics, Physical Clinics, fitness plans, session plans, fitness and skills videos, nutritional information, nutritional plans, organised tours, and the use of this Site, the NETFIT App and any of NETFIT’s social media sites);
“Virtual Clinics” means netball or other sport-related fitness, skills and wellbeing clinics delivered by NETFIT via this Site, the NETFIT App and any of NETFIT’s social media sites;
“Site” means Our website at https://netfitnetball.com/;
“Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions applicable to Our Services and available at Our Site;
“We”, “Us”, “Our” means Jeanieboy Pty Ltd ABN 44 154 318 733 (or any successor entity) trading as NETFIT NETBALL, of 247 Richardson Street, Middle Park, Victoria 3206; and
“You”, “Yourself”, “Your” means all individuals accessing or using the Site or Our Services.
Where a parent, legal guardian or other responsible person accesses or uses the Site or Our Services on behalf of another person who is a minor:
- We may collect personal information from You;
- by providing us with information about a minor, You warrant that You are authorised to do so by law (including, where appropriate, having obtained all necessary consents to do so);
- You are responsible for monitoring the minor’s access to, and use of, the Site and Our Services;
What personal information do We collect?
We may collect information about You when You visit Our Site or use Our Services including, but not limited to, when You register on our Site, when You register for Services and when You register for use of the NETFIT App.
Personal information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your contact details including Your name, email address, address, phone number or other information reasonably relevant to Our Services (including Your preferences, interests, enquiries and purchase history);
- Your financial information, such as Your bank account or credit card details (as required);
- information about Your fitness or other general health information, as provided by You, in respect of Your use of the Services;
- information about sporting programs that You are participating in;
- information about any school or netball or other sporting club or association of which You are a member or which You are or have been affiliated with;
- any other personal information You provide to Us in relation to the Services.
When visiting Our Site or accessing Our Services, We may also collect and store the following details:
- IP address from which You access Our Site or Services;
- the date and time You access Our Site or Services;
- any third party website from which You linked to Our Site or accessed Our Service;
- statistics on page views, traffic to-and-from Our Site and Services; and
- other transactional information about Your access to Our Site or Services.
We may utilise “cookies” which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve You more efficiently if You revisit the Site. A cookie does not identify You personally but it does identify Your computer. You can set Your browser to notify You when You receive a cookie and this will provide You with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
Information collected from other sources
We may also obtain personal information from other sources or third parties, including Our Partners or, where you are part of an organisation, others in Your organisation.
How do We use personal information?
We will use Your personal information for the purpose of providing Our Services to You. This includes, without limitation:
- providing personalised or group fitness plans, session plans, fitness videos, fitness advice, nutritional information, nutritional plans, educational and coaching sessions and clinics, organised tours and use of this Site and the NETFIT App;
- providing to You health, fitness and nutritional information;
- organising sessions, clinics, tours and other events in which You may participate (whether online or in person).
In addition to using Your personal information to provide Our Services to You, this information may be used:
- to verify Your identity, respond to Your requests, and contact You when necessary;
- to provide You with news, information and material in relation to Our Services, including to notify You about new products or services, which We believe may be of interest to You;
- to provide You with news, information and material in relation to the services of Our Partners, which We believe may be of interest to You;
- to send general promotional material which We believe may be of interest to You;
- to monitor who is accessing this Site or using Our Services;
- to profile the type of people using this Site or Our Services;
- to perform administrative and operational tasks (including account management, payment collection and staff training);
- to improve Our Site or Our Services;
- to consider any concerns or complaints You may have raised; and
- as otherwise permitted by law (such as to comply with obligations under the Privacy Act in relation to mandatory data breach notification).
To whom do We disclose personal information?
We may disclose Your personal information to:
- parties to whom You authorise us to disclose Your personal information;
- where You authorise us to do so, any school or netball or other sporting club or association of which You are a member or which You are or have been affiliated with;
- where You authorise us to do so, any of Our Partners;
- if You are part of an organisation, the organisation which You represent;
- Our professional advisors; or
- other third parties as permitted by law.
We currently do not disclose Your personal information to overseas recipients.
Third Party Services
Our Site may contain links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties providers (Third Party Services). These links to Third Party Services are provided for Your convenience only.
Third Party Services are not under Our control and We are not responsible for Third Party Services (including the suitability for Your intended use of the Third Party Services). We do not endorse or recommend any Third Party Services or any associated provider organisation or their product or services. You should make your enquiries as to the suitability of any Third Party Service. Third Party Services may also utilise cookies. You are responsible for reading the privacy policies or statements associated with the Third Party Service.
Can I opt-out of providing personal information?
The provision of Your personal information is required in order to access, or use, the Site, to enable Us to provide You with the Services or to contact You for marketing or promotional purposes.
In addition, We may still use or disclose that information if:
- We subsequently notify You of the intended use or disclosure and You do not object to that use or disclosure;
- We believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions;
- to protect Our rights including enforcing our Terms and Conditions;
- to protect the safety of members of the public and users of Our Site and Services; or
- We are required by law to disclose the information.
Can I opt-out of promotional and marketing content?
You may elect to opt-out of receiving direct marketing and promotional communications by contacting Us by email or telephone at the contact details below, or by any other simple means to opt-out We provide You. However, some of Our Services may include a direct marketing and promotional communications feature as part of the Service which cannot be removed and, as such, You may not be able to access or use some of Our Site or Services if You elect to opt-out of all direct promotional and marketing communications.
Within the Site and/or NETFIT App, You may elect to not receive future notifications from Us by adjusting Your user profile in Your account settings. All notification emails provide You with instructions for opting-out of future communications.
Data security, storage and retention
We will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information which we hold from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You should be aware that, when using Our Site or Our Services, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. We do not warrant the security of any information You transmit to us over the internet and You do so at Your own risk.
We will destroy, delete or de-identify Your personal information within a reasonable time after the end of the period mentioned in the previous paragraph, unless We are required to retain it by law.
Access to, and correction of, Your personal information
We encourage You to update Us regularly with Your personal information to ensure We hold information about You that is up-to-date, accurate and complete. You may make a request for access to or correction of any personal information about You that We hold. We may request You to verify Your identity before processing Your request.
A fee will not apply to making a request for access or update Your personal information. A fee may apply and be charged for providing the information to You. The fee covers the cost to us in collating, copying and providing certain information to You. We will only charge this fee where it is lawful for Us to do so.
In some circumstances, We may refuse to provide You with access to or correct Your personal information including, but not limited to, where:
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and the information would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
- giving access would be unlawful;
- denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
If We refuse to provide You with access to or correct Your personal information, We will provide You with an explanation in writing. In some circumstances where We correct a record, We may still require the retention of the original record.
- postal address: 247 Richardson Street, Middle Park, Victoria 3206; or
- e-mail: [email protected]
We would ask that any complaint should be made first in writing to Us. We will then respond to Your complaint in writing and in accordance with any timeframes required by law. We may request You to provide further information about Your complaint to duly assess Your complaint. If for any reason You do not wish to complain to Us initially or if We are unable to resolve Your complaint to Your satisfaction, a complaint may also be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.